Feb 19, 2010

So...here goes...

I have tried a time or two to get a blog going and stick with it. So far, I have failed...miserably! BUT with the inspiration and help from a few friends of mine who are also amazing artists, I'm going to give this another shot.

There are 3 major things that are driving this change in me:

1. I'm sick, so I have A LOT of time on my hands, and my creative juices started to flow. I also was VERY inspired by several articles in the Artful Blogging magazine I picked up recently @ my LSS. (See My Blogs I follow list, several artists from that publication are in there! As well as my FAV Local Scrapbook Store that I bought the Mag @!)







2. I'm a very creative person, but the only thing that I do on a daily basis is going to Cos school, and while hair is a HUGE motivating force in my life, it is only one form of an art medium that I like to work with. A very talented creative friend once told me, "Everyone is blessed with a Muse. However, the ones that are not used wither and perish." I felt like my Muse was starting to die a little everyday from lack of use. So I picked up my sketchbook, started drawing, pondering ideas for a Blog, and a million projects and ideas stretched out in my mind's eye.

3. I'm also in the process of moving, so whatever art I am working on needs to be easily assessable, portable, and easy to manage, therefore all my paper crafting and altered art projects are going to be taking a backseat to this new creation that I am concocting...My Art Blog.

I've determined in my heart that I will let Art happen in my life a bit every day, I will make time to create and play, and I will create art for me, and care not what others think of it, or if anyone other than myself appreciates it! I will use my camera to capture more than just my latest styling achievement, but little lessons of beauty that can be discovered in daily life, through the proper focus, and with a pretty flippin sweet digital camera in my disposal.

They say that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Well, consider me beholden! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you did photography...something else we have in common! Well...I just play, not a pro or even an amatuer, but I try!!! Great job on the blog sweetie! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll!

    I've taken a few classes, but I just play around too with the shots I take. I would like to take some more classes and work on composition and more Photoshop stuff, maybe that can happen when I'm done with hair school?

    ReplyDelete